Quest A+ Requirements
Quest A+ requires Flash Player 11.1 or newer and a screen resolution of at least 800x600.
Practice tests run on any operating system and any web browser that support Flash.
The requirements for Secure exams are below. Make sure to also check out the recommended Flash settings.
Secure Exams on Chromebooks
School-owned Chrome OS devices are currently supported on Quest A+. For information on configuring and managing Chrome OS devices to access Quest A+ for field tests or secure exams, contact Pascal Couture, Senior Manager, Digital Systems and Services, at Pascal.Couture@gov.ab.ca or 780-492-1462.
Secure exams on Windows
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (but not Windows 8 RT), Windows 10
- Quest A+ Locked Browser for Windows
- Tech administrators, please get in touch with one of our contacts to obtain a lab-friendly installer.
- Flash Player ActiveX plugin (required by Locked Browser)
For optimal results when printing written responses, use Internet Explorer (10 or newer) or a recent version of Firefox. While the Chrome browser is very stable on Quest A+, it causes certain issues with the formatting or responses.
Secure exams on Macs
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or newer
- Quest A+ Locked Browser for Macs